Many people today work from home, at least part time, and need a functional home office, for this you need to find the correct office furniture. The cornerstone of a home office is a desk. Most people have an idea of the type of desk they want that offers them the most functionality. However, finding the desk you want can be difficult. Your local office stores order desks made in bulk with baseline materials for the average customer. To create your own workspace that maximizes your space and offers you custom functionality, a custom made desk is the answer. A custom made desk provides you with the opportunity to get exactly what you want and create your own, personalized workspace.
When building a custom desk, a freestanding or a built in desk, there are thousands of possibilities. One of the first things to consider is what you enjoyed or disliked about your previous desk or workspace. We provided some simple questions below to help you determine what kind of desk you are looking for.
- How much space do you have to work with?
- What shape of desk do you prefer? (U- shaped, L – shaped, or straight?)
- How much work space do you want?
- What kind of storage would you like? (Simple drawers, file cabinets or both!)
- How many people are going to use it? (You may have to take into consideration what others may want as well!)
- Do you need extra outlets or usb hubs built in?
- What finish and hardware do you prefer?
Remember your desk is your workspace; it allows you to be more efficient and provides you exactly what you need to get the job done. Often, looking at what you currently have helps determine what you will love in your new desk.
In the next few weeks, we will be following the process of building a desk to fit your every need. If you have any questions about custom desks, custom cabinets, or any sort of unique storage solution in your home, please call, email or leave a comment below. Stay tuned for our step-by-step process in creating your perfect desk!
Not sure where to start? Call us at 952-737-7088